To secure the educational rights of all Massachusetts schoolchildren with disabilities, ages 3-21.
SPEDWatch is guided by these principles in the conduct of its activities:
- People are fundamentally good. Given a chance to understand the damage done to children
and families by noncompliance with special education law, their humanity will compel them to
stand with us.
- We seek to resolve all disputes through respectful dialogue. Where this is not possible it is
our moral obligation to press forward using the techniques of nonviolent direct action.
- Violence in action, word, or thought, has no place in our movement.
- We strive always to observe the rules of common courtesy, and to conduct ourselves in a civil manner, even when courtesy and civility are not extended to us.
- The educational rights of children are not subject to negotiation or compromise.